Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Coffee

This morning I had the privilege having a wonderful cup of Greek coffee in the most unusual of places… the back of a service vehicle in the parking lot of Medford Tools and Supply. My barista... Britt Parsons, owner of Britt Gutters.

While talking to Britt about our ongoing gutter redo project, I couldn’t help but notice a wide array of little pots, burners, and fancy Italian coffee cups. They stood out amongst the other metal bending and forming equipment on the vehicle. The aroma was that of the finest gourmet coffee shop. Our conversation soon turned to coffee as he offered to make me a cup.


I’ve never had Greek coffee before, and learned that Greek coffee is made from freshly roasted beans ground just before brewing. A traditional small copper pot (briki) is used to briefly boil the grounds and water allowing for the proper amount of foam, which adds to the unique taste. Just as the coffee comes to the boil, the pot is removed from the heat, allowed to cool, and then poured into a cup.


The flavor was amazing! I can honestly say that it was one of the best cups of coffee I have ever had.


Coffee isn’t the only thing Britt does with quality, our gutters are looking great too. What I found unique about Britt Gutter, is that they were equipped with both the material, AND the equipment to bend to shape. This saves time by eliminating the need to prefabricate the material before heading out to the jobsite.


For a job well done and a great cup of coffee… Thank you to Britt Gutters


No comments:

Post a Comment